25 January 2011

more kale


If you have a garden in the lower mainland, which I do not, you are still harvesting kale in January.

I had been meaning to experiment with baking kale chips for ages and, last night, I finally did. However, it didn't turn out to be much of an experiment since the first method I tried worked perfectly and the chips were delicious. I love experimenting... when it turns out perfectly and I don't feel like I wasted time, effort and funds. Sort of like how I love trying new things... that I'm good at.

KALE CHIPS

1 bunch kale (green or purple)
olive oil
sea salt
fresh ground pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cut the stem out of the leaves, rip leaves into bite size pieces, wash and spin dry in a salad spinner. Toss the dry leaves in some olive oil (1-3 tablespoons depending on the amount of kale in your bunch), sea salt & pepper to taste (you can always add more salt later). Turn the leaves out onto a baking sheet and evenly spread out. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, until edges curl and pieces feel light and crispy.

Connor and I ate these so fast and he admitted they were a great snack. Try them.

Ally, if Dan can eat 6 of those pretzels in one sitting, I'd recommend making at least double the kale chips.

Photo from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment